LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa. (WHTM) — An early morning fire that took place at Amishview Inn & Suites in Bird In Hand displaced residents and sent two people to the hospital.

According to the Intercourse Fire Company, firefighters were dispatched at 2:40 a.m. on Thursday morning for a reported building fire with reports of entrapment.

When units arrived on the scene, there was a fire on the first floor with heavy smoke on multiple floors. Occupants were trapped inside their rooms and were rescued by ladder, the fire company says.

Several occupants escaped by breaking windows and tying bed sheets together to create ropes.

Stay up to date on the latest from abc27 News on-air and on the go with the free abc27 Mobile app.

State Police say two people were sent to Lancaster General Hospital for injuries. A firefighter suffered a minor injury during the response.

State Police say the investigation determined the fire originated in the first-floor vending machine area. The fire heavily damaged the two machines and the hotel suffered smoke damage throughout the building.

On Friday, Feb 24. the hotel has told abc27 that it has reopened to guests as of Thursday, Feb, 23.

At this time the fire is being ruled accidental.

Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 717-299-7650.