AUSTIN (KXAN) — Music superstar Beyoncé is getting 100 $5,000 checks in formation — to help individuals and families impacted by the current pandemic housing crisis.
The BeyGood Impact Fund previously gave $10,000 grants to over 250 small businesses that were affected due to COVID-19.
Renters nationwide face a critical timeclock, as the federal eviction moratorium is set to expire Dec. 31 — with no plan yet in place to extend it. The Census Bureau estimates 11.3 million households are behind on rent or won’t be able to pay the coming month’s, according to Washington Post.
The online application process will open Jan. 7, with grants dispersed later that month. A second round will open in February, BeyGOOD says.
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- What will the Biden presidency mean to the Keystone state?
- Hunker down? Not this Midstate restaurant