GE Lighting recalls LED tube lamps for shock, electrocution risk


GE Lighting has recalled LED tube lamps sold at Lowe’s stores because the pins on one end can be energized during installation and removal, posing shock and electrocution hazards.

The recall involves two-pack tube lamps with the product code 31243 LED13T8U840. The tube lamps are most often used in garages, basements, workshops and utility rooms.

The lamps were sold from approximately November 2017 through April 2018 for about $15.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission said people should contact GE Lighting to receive instructions on safely removing the lamps, and to receive a refund in the form of a $17 gift card.

People should make sure the light switch is off before attempting to change LED tube lamps.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Stories

More Top Stories

Latest Videos

Don't Miss