STEELTON, Pa. (WHTM) — On Monday, Steelton Borough Police Department alerted the public of recent phone scams involving fraudulent IRS or Federal Reserves System representatives.
The individuals identifying themselves as IRS or FRS representatives are telling people that they owe money or are wanted by the police.
According to the Steelton Police statement, the callers have foreign accents and may be calling from a New Jersey area code 201.
Residents who receive these calls are urged to hang up immediately and to not provide any personal information.
If contacted by these scammers, please submit an anonymous Crimewatch tip, call 717-939-9841, or contact Cpl. Basonic at email@example.com.
- State Senator talks about the importance of remembering Desert Storm 30 years later
- Nearly 4 million Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses head out across US
- Total Pa. gambling revenue was down in 2020, but problem gambling? That’s harder to say
- Pa. House Oversight Committee to investigate Wolf Admin’s handling of nursing homes during pandemic
- Local religious leaders ensure Lancaster’s vulnerable communities have access to COVID-19 vaccine