HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — On Wednesday the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club Inner Circle announced that Phil the groundhog will still be making his live appearance from Gobbler’s Knob this coming Groundhog Day, February 2, 2021, but there will be no in-person attendance or guests on the grounds due to COVID.
The Punxsutawney Groundhog Club is developing numerous live internet, website and virtual events and interactions that will take place of the traditional in-person events, you can find information on this here.
“The guests who come to Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney each February from around the world are a key component to making Groundhog Day so special,” says Jeff Lundy, president of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club. “We look forward to the day when we can welcome back all our guests and faithful followers, hopefully in February of 2022.”
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Man shot in York, police looking for suspect
- Learn how to help ABC27 and Bob Means Plumbing to Feed a Local Family this holiday season