HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — On Wednesday the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club Inner Circle announced that Phil the groundhog will still be making his live appearance from Gobbler’s Knob this coming Groundhog Day, February 2, 2021, but there will be no in-person attendance or guests on the grounds due to COVID.
The Punxsutawney Groundhog Club is developing numerous live internet, website and virtual events and interactions that will take place of the traditional in-person events, you can find information on this here.
“The guests who come to Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney each February from around the world are a key component to making Groundhog Day so special,” says Jeff Lundy, president of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club. “We look forward to the day when we can welcome back all our guests and faithful followers, hopefully in February of 2022.”
- Lawmakers release report pushing for changes to Pennsylvania’s election system
- Amid outcry, NBC says it will not air Golden Globes in 2022
- Dickinson College requires students to be vaccinated for fall semester
- Student activist: Pa. education funding creates potential “great disparity that we’re not going to be able to fix”
- Franklin Co. advocates for Mental Health Awareness Month