MIDDLETOWN, Pa. (WHTM) — Starting Friday, Middletown Middle School will transition to a full remote learning platform following another new COVID-19 case within the district.
According to Middletown Area School District, two middle school students have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past two weeks. As a result, Middletown Middle School will remain closed until next Friday, Oct. 30. In addition, all junior high sports are cancelled during this time.
This closure will allow MASD to properly and safely disinfect the building, and allows public health staff to complete a case investigation and contact tracing. The PA Department of Health will contact any parents of students who may have been in direct contact with the positive case and advise these students to quarantine for 14 days.
Middletown Middle School students are set to return to cohort learning on Monday, Nov 2.
- Conan O’Brien ends decade-long late-night show
- ‘Phone went dead’: Husband of missing woman was on the phone with his wife during Miami building collapse
- 4 dead, 159 unaccounted for as Florida condo collapse survivor search continues
- CDC reports small Pa. Salmonella outbreak likely linked to backyard poultry
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on I-81 SB near Exit 57 in Cumberland County