HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Pennsylvania Department of Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine will be joined by Dr. Ronald Strony, the Co-Chair of Emergency Medicine at Geisinger to discuss the concern surrounding the recent hospitalization surge due to COVID-19.
Pennsylvania has seen over 40,000 new cases of COVID-19 in the past week, and hospitalizations are increasing along with the rise in cases.
They will hold the briefing at 11:30 AM today. They will discuss the need for Pennsylvanians to follow the mitigation efforts in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and prevent the health system from being overwhelmed.
We will have the live stream right here on this page.
- Girls wrestling takes historic step in midstate with first tournament
- Those with restricted healthcare access get help thanks to Penn State Community Health
- Harrisburg rental assistance program helping residents affected by COVID-19
- Beyond the Forecast: Tracking the latest snow & wintry mix forecast Monday night – Tuesday
- Flurries this evening, snow and sleet arrives Monday night