CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
- Three dead after military helicopter crash in upstate NY
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration
- Pa. awards York Railway $2M for upgrades
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place