While a great platform to connect with family and friends, social media can also be damaging to our mental health.
Right now, especially, with the recent election and the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, experts warn of spending too much time on social media apps.
A recent study at the University of Pennsylvania followed 143 undergraduates as they limited social media usage to 10 minutes per day.
At the end of three weeks, researchers found a significant reduction in loneliness and depression, as well as decreases in anxiety and fear of missing out.
To check your social media usage, iPhone users can go to settings, then “screen time.” Once in that section, there are also ways to limit app usage and schedule downtime away from your phone.
- York County woman helping people heal by redesigning memories
- PA Representative to repeal mail-in voting
- LIVE: President-elect Biden introduces team of economic advisers
- Baby gibbon and mom drop in from above, startle live TV crew
- Dauphin County Deputy Sheriff Christopher Reid arraigned on multiple drug-related charges