SPANISH LAKE, Mo. – A woman and toddler were found dead inside a home on Christmas night. The incident is being investigated as a homicide.
Officers were called to the 1500 block of Lakeside Lane at around 7:00 pm to do a welfare check at a home.
They found 28-years-old Charese Garvin and 23 months old Alayah Butler suffering from fatal injuries. They were both pronounced dead at the scene.
The St. Louis County Police Department’s Bureau of Crimes Against Persons is leading the homicide investigation, which remains very active at this time.
So far, police have not released any information on suspects or a motive for the murders.
FOX 2 will continue to keep you updated as we learn more on this developing story.
- Day-long phone outage, calls to 911 emergency centers restored in Midstate counties
- COVID-19 vaccine: Contracted security guards “slipping through the cracks”
- Pa. Nurse staffing crisis: Local nurses demand action for better funding, government support
- Tick-tock: Vaccine providers scramble to find takers for “bonus doses” before they expire
- Biden nominates Pa. native to co-chair Council of Advisors on Science and Technology