AIRVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities have identified an 18-year-old man whose body was found after he went missing in the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania over the weekend.
The Lancaster County coroner’s office said the victim was Dax Stauffer of Lititz. No further information was released about his death.
Crews were called at about 6:15 p.m. Saturday to the Muddy Creek boat access in Lower Chanceford Township in York County, state police said. The victim had been swimming with friends when they lost sight of him, police said.
The search was called off at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday due to dangerous conditions but resumed Sunday, and the body was recovered Tuesday in the area where he was last seen, police said.
- Bumper-to-bumper traffic on Route 30 caused by crash on Route 222
- Vehicle sustains heavy damage in Ephrata Township car crash
- We Salute You: AMC Sean Bassett
- Tech Bytes: Verizon turn off 5G, Facebook rapping app, Zoom fatigue causes
- Republicans to announce ‘accountability action’ for Wolf administration’s handling of long-term care facilities