Pennsylvania will ban empty tractor-trailers and commercial vehicles pulling double trailers from certain state highways during the Tuesday morning commute.
The ban will begin at 6 a.m. and also includes motorcycles, RVs, and trailers pulled by passenger vehicles.
PennDOT will prohibit those vehicles from traveling:
– Interstate 81 from I-83 to the New York line;
– the full length of I-78 from I-81 to the New Jersey line;
– I-80 from I-180 to the New Jersey line;
– all of Interstate 380 from I-81 to I-80, and;
– I-84 from I-81 to the New York line.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike will ban those vehicles from traveling the Northeast Extension, from I-78 to Clarks Summit.
PennDOT expects to lift the ban at 6 p.m.