HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — A total of 80 homes were evacuated and 175 residents temporarily displaced following a natural gas leak in Derry Township around 10:40 a.m. on Tuesday.
The Hershey Volunteer Fire Department responded to Elm Avenue and Glen Road in Hershey after construction workers struck a natural gas line.
Residents in a two-block radius of the leak, and initially those located in the 300 and 400 block of Elm Avenue, were evacuated and power was temporarily cut to avoid any hazards.
Around 1 p.m., UGI contained the situation in the vicinity, PPL restored power, and residents were able to return home.
- Middletown restaurant gets help from The Barstool Fund
- Ravens fall to Bills in AFC Divisional, Jackson leaves game in concussion protocol
- Hot Pockets recalled, they may contain hard plastic and glass
- Health officials identify the UK Variant of COVID-19 in Tompkins County
- Federal government isn’t “releasing the entire supply” of COVID-19 vaccines says Azar