HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Stacy Garrity (R) has been speaking at several Trump rallies leading up to the election, and next month she’ll be overseeing all of the state’s money as the new treasurer.
She was in Harrisburg for the first time since winning against incumbent Joe Torsella (D).
Most treasury staffers will stay on under Garrity but there will be openings.
Garrity is a retired Army Colonel who did three tours in the Middle East.
She hopes more women will follow her lead in running for government in Pennsylvania as she is the state’s fourth female treasurer.
Garrity will be sworn in January 19.
- Harrisburg cake shop owner optimistic after business survives a year of the pandemic
- Breaking down the $1.9T coronavirus plan
- Coronavirus in Pennsylvania: A timeline of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Keystone State
- Montgomery County man arrested by Derry Township PD on attempted homicide charges
- Shippensburg University president to step down, takes leadership role at Wisconsin university