HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Stacy Garrity (R) has been speaking at several Trump rallies leading up to the election, and next month she’ll be overseeing all of the state’s money as the new treasurer.
She was in Harrisburg for the first time since winning against incumbent Joe Torsella (D).
Most treasury staffers will stay on under Garrity but there will be openings.
Garrity is a retired Army Colonel who did three tours in the Middle East.
She hopes more women will follow her lead in running for government in Pennsylvania as she is the state’s fourth female treasurer.
Garrity will be sworn in January 19.
- Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito; search continues for fiancé
- Lancaster County’s Dutch Wonderland hosts Shoofly Pie eating contest
- Harrisburg area group takes advantage to keep the state clean
- Trailblazing tourist trip to orbit ends with splashdown
- Illinois family’s emotional battle with COVID: Mother hospitalized after giving birth, father fears job loss