UPDATE: The Dauphin County Coroner’s Office has identified the woman who was shot and killed as 19-year-old Semajay Smith. She died as a result of gunshot wounds, coroner Graham Hetrick determined.
The city is continuing to investigate the circumstances of her death.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — A 49-year-old man has been arrested after police say he shot and killed a woman Wednesday night on the 2600 block of Derry Street.
After a report for shots fired around 9:45 p.m., officers arrived at the scene where they were advised that Frank Morris was responsible for the shooting. He was quickly taken into custody while emergency response attempted to administer aid to the victim. She died shortly after.
Morris has been charged with criminal homicide, simple assault, and recklessly endangering another person.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Harrisburg police at 717-558-6900 and ask to speak to a city detective.
- Less than a week: Key dates as we approach Election Day
- Tracking the Tropics: Eyewall of weakening Hurricane Zeta moves over New Orleans after landfall
- Unemployment Compensation issues: woman has not been paid benefits since filing in March
- Gov. Wolf signs Proclamation of Disaster Emergency on Wednesday
- Periods of heavy rain and local impacts from Hurricane Zeta