HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Harrisburg police officers are growing facial hair for a good cause.
Beards for a Benefit started Oct. 1 and will last through the end of the year. Participating officers are asked to make a donation, which will then go to local organizations. The goal is to raise $3,000.
This is the fourth year Harrisburg police have done this. When it first started, it was just a month-long in November.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Chief Justice announces retirement transition plan
- Coronavirus in Pennsylvania: 3,573 new cases in two days, 933,270 total as of Mar. 1, 2021
- Three Mifflin County residents charged in U.S. Capitol riot
- Third stimulus checks: Will we get $1,400 payments in March?
- Gov. Wolf lifts out-of-state travel restrictions, raises maximum indoor and outdoor occupancy