HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Harrisburg had a record number of homicides in 2020.
There were 22 homicides, as opposed to 14 the year before. On Tuesday, Harrisburg police officials explained why they think that may be.
But they say their focus remains the same.
“Either way the objectives don’t change, the mission does not change, our goal is to bring closure for the victims and those impacted by the violent crime families in particular,” says Sgt. Kyle Gautsch.
Sgt. Gautsch says help from the public continues to play a key role in solving homicides and other violent crimes.
- Hunker down? Not this Midstate restaurant
- Protesters gather in front of Congressman Perry’s office to call for his resignation
- Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to frontline medical workers across the country
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day