SUSQUEHANNA TOWNSHIP, Pa. (WHTM) — Early Saturday morning state troopers located a deceased victim in the area of Exit 69 off of I-81 Northbound.
The victim, 31-year-old Sarah Elizabeth Cook of York, Pa., was apparently struck by a motor vehicle.
Troopers were dispatched to the area after a report of a person standing near the highway.
No vehicles were located in the area.
Motorists traveling on I-81 North around 3 a.m. are asked to look their vehicle over for any indication or damage resulting from this incident.
It’s possible that the motorist unknowingly or unintentionally struck the victim, according to state troopers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pa. State Police, Harrisburg station at 717-671-7500.
- Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan
- Chilly and windy today, warmer tomorrow but still breezy
- After Floyd, Congress ready to plunge into policing laws
- What’s Going Around: COVID-19, strep throat, stomach bugs, seasonal allergies
- How long does protection from COVID-19 vaccines last?