HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Governor Wolf and Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP) Secretary Jen Smith will announce the launch of what they say is an innovative, evidence-based substance use disorder stigma reduction campaign on Monday.
The campaign is ultimately aimed at helping Pennsylvania continue the fight against the opioid epidemic.
The State is the first to enter the strategic plan that will focus on ending public stigma, something the DDAP Secretary says for decades has cast a shadow over people battling substance use disorder and their families, to the point of keeping them from getting the help they deserve.
The campaign will be unveiled at a press conference at 1 P.M. at the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency. You can watch the conference live right here.
- Secretary of State Urges Voters to Know Their Rights at the Polls
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?
- Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race
- Coronavirus in Pennsylvania: 2,510 new cases, 208,027 total as of Oct. 31, 2020