Lancaster

Fatal fire in Terre Hill an accident, police say

TERRE HILL, Pa. (WHTM) - A fire that took the life of a Lancaster County man has been ruled accidental.

David Phillips, 46, of Terre Hill, died Monday evening when a propane hose disconnected from a gas-powered forge, a state police fire marshal said.

His wife has said Phillips was using the forge to make knives in his workshop, in the basement garage of their Center Avenue home.

An autopsy showed he died as the result of thermal burns and smoke inhalation.

 


More Stories

Investigations

Governor Wolf sets goals for his second term

Governor Wolf sets goals for his second term

Latest Local