LANCASTER, Pa. (WHTM) — Firefighters were called back out this morning to the scene of a house fire in Lancaster because of additional smoke seen overnight.
According to emergency dispatchers, the fire originally happened Friday night around 10:30 p.m. on Pickford Drive near the intersection with Brewster Drive. One firefighter and another person was injured
The back of the building was fully engulfed when crews got to the scene Friday night.
Lancaster Township Fire says the firefighter and the other person hurt are expected to recover. One of the people who lived there was flown to a burn unit near Philadelphia for treatment, but was expected to be released Saturday.
The firefighter was treated and released.
Sources say a microwave that was not working properly caused the fire.
Three adults, a child, three dogs and two cats were displaced.