WARWICK TOWNSHIP, Pa. (WHTM) — The Lititz Fire Company has released a helmet-cam video of a firefighter rescuing a dog in a Lancaster County barn fire on Saturday.
The fire occurred on Erbs Quarry Road in Warwick Township.
Firefighter Ryan Balmer was the firefighter who made the dramatic rescue.
“Somebody told me a dog was in there,” Balmer recalled.
Balmer’s helmet camera captured the dramatic rescue. The video, which is a little longer than one minute in length, is posted to the Lititz Fire Department’s Facebook page.
In the video you hear the dog frantically barking while Balmer is starting to make the rescue.
“Once we found the conditions that we did in that room, obviously the dog was still alive so I had to get him out,” Balmer said.
Blamer was able to break a window and climb through to save the K-9.
The dog was not injured and is doing well.
- Steelers sign Ben Roethlisberger to new contract for 2021
- Coronavirus in Pennsylvania: 3,028 new cases, 941,439 total as of March 4, 2021
- Celebrate women’s history month with a limited edition ‘HerSHEy’s’ bar
- Police request 60-day extension of Guard at US Capitol
- Pennsylvania’s low flu activity due ‘in part to COVID-19 mitigation efforts’