WARWICK TOWNSHIP, Pa. (WHTM) — The Lititz Fire Company has released a helmet-cam video of a firefighter rescuing a dog in a Lancaster County barn fire on Saturday.
The fire occurred on Erbs Quarry Road in Warwick Township.
Firefighter Ryan Balmer was the firefighter who made the dramatic rescue.
“Somebody told me a dog was in there,” Balmer recalled.
Balmer’s helmet camera captured the dramatic rescue. The video, which is a little longer than one minute in length, is posted to the Lititz Fire Department’s Facebook page.
In the video you hear the dog frantically barking while Balmer is starting to make the rescue.
“Once we found the conditions that we did in that room, obviously the dog was still alive so I had to get him out,” Balmer said.
Blamer was able to break a window and climb through to save the K-9.
The dog was not injured and is doing well.
- April Fool’s prank lands Susquehanna County sheriff’s deputy in ‘sticky’ situation
- Wellsville Museum hosts exhibit honoring long-time Game Commission employee
- Pa. Republicans want to ban vaccine passports, Democrats call it an unneeded distraction
- New Holland man arrested on four counts of child pornography
- Harrisburg Shelter becomes vaccination site for homeless