HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — U. S. congressman Lloyd Smucker, who represents Lancaster, weighed in on the protests that have been sparking controversy.
The Republican says it is a sad and tragic situation for both the officer who had to take a person’s life and the victim and his family, although he contended that the officer was in the right.
“I think when a grown man is approaching you quickly with a knife raised, there’s a right to self-defense for any individual, in particular, a police officer,” he said.
Smucker is calling on the mayor to show support and commitment for police and to put an end to violent protests.
- VDH confirms first child death due to COVID-19 is teen in the Southside Health District
- Hershey Medical Burnout Study
- Hog wild: U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- NYS Attorney General Letitia James coming to Rochester Sunday in wake of Daniel Prude death