LEBANON COUNTY, Pa. (WHTM) — A Lebanon County native who was killed in action in Vietnam
was remembered at a memorial service on Tuesday.
Warrant Officer John Chrin was assigned to the 57th medical detachment. His crew flew into the most dangerous battle zones to rescue injured soldiers and on Oct. 13, 1971, while flying in turbulence, Chrin and several others on board were killed after their helicopter crashed; he was 22.
Just five years ago, Lebanon’s mayor proclaimed every October 13 to be ‘Warrant Officer John Stephen Chrin Day.’
- Latest Trump defeat in PA court doesn’t mean an end to election challenges
- Steel-High tops Jeannette for undefeated state championship
- Lebanon man killed in shooting Friday morning after argument at party
- Rocky Ridge Christmas Magic Festival continues despite pandemic
- Duncannon pedestrian killed by train Thanksgiving morning