LEBANON, Pa. (WHTM) — On Saturday night Lebanon City Police arrived at a house on Mifflin Street to find a male and female with apparent gunshot wounds.
The man, 35-year-old Milton Martinez-Rivera was transported to a local medical facility for treatment and 30-year-old Elena Mercado was determined to be deceased at the scene.
Evidence recovered from the scene suggests that after a verbal argument Martinez-Rivera shot Mercado and then himself. A handgun was recovered from the residence.
Martinez-Rivera died from the self-inflected gunshot wound on Monday. Mercado’s autopsy results are still pending.
The individual who called the police was a resident of the home the police were called to, the caller was uninjured.
- Justice Dept. watchdog opens probe of response to riot
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Dr. Maya Angelou honored with a Barbie doll
- Biden taps former FDA chief Kessler to lead vaccine science