UPDATE: Overheated laptop caused house fire in Silver Spring Township

Local

SILVER SPRING TOWNSHIP, Pa (WHTM) — A fire gutted a Cumberland County home on Tuesday morning. The cause of the fire was determined to be an overheated laptop computer in an upstairs bedroom, according to a Facebook post from the Silver Spring Community Fire Co.

As many as two dozen crews responded to a home on Summer Lane in Silver Spring Township which had flames shooting out the windows. The Facebook post states that everyone was out of the building when crews arrived.

Get daily news, weather, and breaking news alerts straight to your inbox! Sign up for the abc27 newsletters here!

Some neighboring buildings had minor smoke and fire damage, but the Facebook post says that the fire was mostly contained to the room of origin.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss