Pennsylvania has awarded 13 additional permits to grow and process medical marijuana.
The Health Department on Tuesday named the chosen entities that will bring the total number of growers and processors in the state to 25, the most currently allowed under Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana law.
Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine said Phase II expands access to the medication to every part of the state.
“This medication is vital to Pennsylvanians suffering from one of the 21 serious medical conditions allowed under the law and we need to ensure they have access to it close to their homes,” Levine said in a statement.
The grower/processor permit winners:
– DocHouse LLC, Pottsville, Schuylkill County
– Agri-Kind LLC, Chester, Delaware County
– Pier Cove LLC, Hazle Township, Luzerne County
– PharmaCann Penn Plant LLC, Olyphant, Lackawannna County
– Green Leaf Medicals, LLC, Saxton, Bedford County
– Whole Plants LLC, Lebanon, Lebanon County
– INSA, LLC, Shamokin Dam, Snyder County
– Parea BioSciences, LLC, Coal Township, Northumberland County
– Maitri Genetics, LLC, Pittsburgh
– PennAlt Organics Inc., Lemont Furnace, Fayette County
– Hanging Gardens LLC, Johnstown, Cambria County
– Calypso Enterprises, LLC, Erie
– FarmaceuticalRx, LLC, Farrell, Mercer County