PennDOT has temporarily lifted restrictions on empty truck trailers and certain vehicles on Interstate 78 and part of I-81.
The ban on empty tractor trailers and commercial vehicles pulling double trailers, passenger vehicles pulling trailers, RVs and motorcycles is lifted from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on all of Interstate 78 and I-81 from the I-83 interchange to the I-78 interchange.
The restrictions began at 6 a.m. and remain in place on:
– Interstate 380 full length from I-81 to I-80;
– I-80 from I-180 to the New Jersey state line;
– I-81 from I-78 to the New York state line;
– I-84 full length from I-81 to the New York state line; and
– I-476 (Turnpike Northeast Extension) from I-78 to Clarks Summit (exit 131).
PennDOT expects to left all vehicle restrictions at 6 p.m.