5 sickened by carbon monoxide in York home

York

Five people were taken to a hospital after a carbon monoxide incident in a York home early Wednesday.

Three people were in serious condition, the city’s Department of Fire and Rescue Services said.

Crews were called to the home in the 700-block of South Pershing Avenue for a person reported unconscious and arrived to find an adult and two children unconscious.

A gas meter later determined there was a high level of carbon monoxide in the home.

Two dogs were also removed and given oxygen therapy.

Officials reminded people to have their heating systems, water heaters and other gas appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year, to make sure gas appliances are vented properly, and to install carbon monoxide detectors.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Stories

More Top Stories

Latest Videos

More Local

Don't Miss