YORK, Pa. (WHTM) — Parking permits for residents that line on the designated streets/blocks during the York Fair are provided by the City of York and are valid from July 23 to August 1.
If residents living within the established area wish to park their vehicles on the street during the fair must properly display the permit, on the driver’s side read window, to avoid a parking fine. Permit parking is in effect 24 hours a day for the duration of the fair.
Proof of residency and registration cards for each vehicle are needed to receive a permit. The permit is valid within only one block of the holders residence. Motorcycles will also be issued a permit and are not able to park on the sidewalk.
Permits will become available Tuesday, July 6 and run through Sunday, August 1. The Revenue Office in City Hall located at 101 South George Street will distribute the permits weekdays from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. and from the Police Department located at 50 West King Street weekdays from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The designated fair permit parking area includes:
- 600, 700, 800 and 900 blocks of Linden Avenue and Madison Avenue
- 600, 700 and 800 blocks of Maryland Avenue, Pennsylvania Avenue, Florida Avenue and Texas Avenue
- 300, 400, 500, 600 and 700 blocks of N Hawthorne Street
- 700 block of West Philadelphia Street
- 800 block of Fern Place and Delaware Avenue
- 200 block of Smyser Alley and N Richland Avenue
- 1000 block of West King Street and West Poplar Street
- 900 block of Clayton Avenue
- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 and 700 blocks of N Belvidere Avenue
- 1st, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 and 700 blocks of Carlisle Avenue