HANOVER, Pa (WHTM) — On Saturday night a pedestrian was fatally hit by a car when trying to cross the road on the 200 block of York Street, according to the Hanover Borough Police Department.
The 62-year-old woman was not using a marked crosswalk and wearing dark clothing when the 1995 Toyota Tacoma operated by Matthew Riggleman, of Abbottstown, struck her.
The victim was pronounced deceased on the scene by a York County Deputy Coroner.
The police department is asking for anyone that may have witnessed the accident to contact the police department through York County 911 or at 717-637-5575.
- Middletown restaurant gets help from The Barstool Fund
- Ravens fall to Bills in AFC Divisional, Jackson leaves game in concussion protocol
- Federal government isn’t “releasing the entire supply” of COVID-19 vaccines says Azar
- Struggling veterans in Harrisburg gifted warm meals
- Harrisburg makes final preparations for possible Sunday protests