ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) – Authorities say a man has been charged in a New Year’s Day crash in eastern Pennsylvania that claimed the lives of a woman and her 1-year-old son.
The Lehigh County district attorney’s office and Allentown police say 31-year-old Lazarus Roldan surrendered to authorities to face charges including accidents involving death or personal injury.
Authorities allege that he was driving a sport utility vehicle that went out of control and collided with an oncoming car at about 2:45 a.m. on New Year’s Day in Allentown.
Twenty-two-year-old Kisha Cora died shortly afterward and Aechediel Rivera Cora died three days later.
It’s unclear whether Roldan has an attorney.
- Day-long phone outage, calls to 911 emergency centers restored in Midstate counties
- COVID-19 vaccine: Contracted security guards “slipping through the cracks”
- Pa. Nurse staffing crisis: Local nurses demand action for better funding, government support
- Tick-tock: Vaccine providers scramble to find takers for “bonus doses” before they expire
- Biden nominates Pa. native to co-chair Council of Advisors on Science and Technology