CAMP HILL, Pa. (WHTM) — A decision to continue current blended learning or to move to fully remote will be made by the Camp Hill School District School Board Monday night at 7 p.m. via Zoom.
With the substantial community spread of COVID-19 in every Midstate county state guidelines say students should have full remote learning, but the decision is up to the school district.
Most schools in the Midstate are only closing for short periods of time due to specific cases.
Camp Hill School District schools will remain open Monday and Tuesday with in-person instruction on Monday and a half remote day on Tuesday, with parent-teacher conferences taking place Tuesday afternoon.
Parents have mixed emotions about the potential decision to move virtually.
“I hope that our school district and our school board and administration is making its decision based on science, on data, in consideration of multiple sources, not just perhaps what suits the board’s prerogative,” said parent Jennifer Hoover.
Albert Sarvis was on the district’s pandemic task force over the summer as a parent representative for the middle school.
“As much as I don’t want my kids to be pulled from school and be virtual, my hope is that the board will support the plan they put in place and voted on to put in place back in August,” Sarvis said.
No matter what happens, Sarvis says the infrastructure is in place for a smooth transition.
“I have confidence that if we do go remote, and I’m hoping it’s just temporary, I have confidence that our educators in the school district will do a tremendous job still educating the students,” Sarvis said.
- ‘Phone went dead’: Husband of missing woman was on the phone with his wife during Miami building collapse
- 4 dead, 159 unaccounted for as Florida condo collapse survivor search continues
- CDC reports small Pa. Salmonella outbreak likely linked to backyard poultry
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on I-81 SB near Exit 57 in Cumberland County
- Tech Bytes: Microsoft unveils Windows 11, Apple Fitness+ celebrity-themed workouts, Rembrandt ‘night watch’