BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There will not be a Minor League Baseball season in 2020.
The announcement by the MiLB was made Tuesday after Major League Baseball informed them that they would not be providing affiliated players this year. MiLB decided to cancel the season as a result.
“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” said MiLB President and CEO Pat O’Conner. “While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment.”
- Long delays for COVID-19 test results reported at some CVS locations in the midstate
- Court Documents: Ephrata man took rifle from father, fired into group of men
- Beats by Dre announces Bubba Wallace endorsement deal: ‘Hate cannot win the day’
- York County residents complaining of missing Amazon deliveries
- ‘It’s been a struggle:’ Myrtle Beach hotels see spike in cancellations following new travel advisory