(WHTM) — Officials in Canada have confirmed the first two known cases of a new strain of COVID-19 that was first found in the UK.
The Province’s Associated Chief Medical Officer says that the cases are a couple from Durham region, just east of Toronto.
The couple has no known travel history, exposure or high-risk contacts.
The new variant is believes to spread more easily and faster than the original version of the disease but is not believed to be more deadly.
- FBI vetting Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack
- Fire crews on scene at fatal house fire in Harrisburg
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday
- More media and police than protesters at planned armed march in Harrisburg
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump