HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – Gov. Tom Wolf’s office says a half-million Pennsylvanians have used the state’s online voter registration since its launch a year ago.

The state’s website, register.votesPA.com,  registered its 500,000th user on Saturday.

The Department of State says approximately 58 percent of users have been eligible citizens registering for the first time, while the remaining 42 percent were voters making updates to their existing voter registration, such as a change of name, address or party affiliation.

Online voter registration in Pennsylvania began August 27, 2015.Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download the ABC27 News App and the ABC27 Weather App for your phone and tablet.