(WHTM) — Tropical Storm Ida is expected to bring wind and heavy rain to the Midstate between Wednesday, Sept. 1, and Thursday, Sept. 2. PPL Electric Utilities is preparing for any damage and outages that Ida may cause and urges customers to take time to make sure they, too, are ready.
Get daily news, weather, breaking news alerts straight to your inbox! Sign up for the abc27 newsletters here!
To prepare for any emergency or power outage, Midstate residents can:
- prepare an emergency kit with essentials, such as medicines, water, flashlights, a first aid kit, a battery-operated radio and extra batteries, three days worth of perishable food, a manual can opener and toiletry items
- identify a place where you can stay during periods where you home may be without power
- ensure necessary generators are operating safely
- protect and power up by keepng important documents in a fireproof box that can be grabbed at a monent’s notice
- stay informed by signing up for alerts and checking the satus of outages by visiting the outage website here
FOr more information on how to stay safe ahead of Ida, visit PPL’s safety website by clicking here.