Four police departments in Lancaster County are teaming up to conduct a speed reduction enforcement along Route 30.
The officers will be enforcing safe driving speeds from April 6 to April 27 in East Hempfield Township, West Hempfield Township and Columbia Borough. Officials say the goal is to decrease aggressive-driving related crashes and focus on distracted driving, work zone safety violations and speeding.
Dates, times and locations for the initiative include:
- April 6 – East Lampeter Township PD (2-6 p.m.), East Hempfield Township PD (6-9 PM, joint effort with Pennsylvania State Police)
- April 8 – East Hempfield Township PD (6-9 p.m., joint effort with PSP)
- April 15 – West Hempfield Township PD (6-9 p.m.)
- April 16 – Columbia Borough PD (8 a.m.-Noon)
- April 18 – East Lampeter Township PD (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- April 24 – West Hempfield Township PD (6-9 p.m.)
- April 25 – East Lampeter Township PD (11 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- April 27 – West Hempfield Township PD (6-9 p.m.)