WILMINGTON, Del. (NewsNation Now) — President-elect Joe Biden and vice president-elect Kamala Harris will receive a national security briefing on Tuesday, according to their official schedule.
A source close to the transition team told NewsNation that the briefing will be conducted by former U.S. government officials because “ascertainment” has not been obtained by the General Services Administration.
Earlier on Monday, Biden warned of “dire consequences” if President Donald Trump and his administration refused to coordinate with his transition team on the coronavirus pandemic and block briefings on national security, policy issues and vaccine plans.
“More people may die if we don’t coordinate,” Biden told reporters during a news conference in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Healthy Living: How focusing on your core could change your life
- Execution rescheduled for only woman on federal death row after COVID-19 delay
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- NFL makes history with all-Black officiating crew for Monday Night Football
- Biggest bar night of the year canceled under new COVID-19 restrictions