The Great Sno-Thro Giveaway
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Great Sno-Thro Giveaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WHTM TV Channel 10 (“abc27”) and Ariens Company (“Ariens”) (together, the “Contest Parties”). Contest is only offered in the abc27 viewing area within the Pennsylvania counties of Adams, Berks, Centre, Chester, Clinton, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Union and York and the Maryland counties of Baltimore, Carroll, Cecil, Frederick, Harford and Washington (the “Contest Area“). Void outside the Contest Area and where prohibited.
- Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. abc27 shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Contest-related advertising or materials.
- Contest begins on November 8, 2016. Final entry deadline is November 27, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Potential winner will be determined within five (5) business days after the first Eligible Snow (as defined below) or March 1, 2017, whichever occurs first. abc27’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to abc27 and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Contest and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that you have about this Contest must be directed to abc27 and not to Facebook.
- Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC tax form (or its equivalent) for the ARV of the prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for any and all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal United States resident living in the Contest Area (above). You must have an existing Facebook account prior to the start of this Contest to be eligible.
- Employees of abc27, Media General, Inc. (“Media General“), Ariens, any other radio, television, or print media operations in the Contest Area, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Contest, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together (part-time or full-time) in a single residence, whether or not related.
- In addition, you are not eligible to win a prize in this Contest if anyone in your household has won and received a prize with a stated value in excess of six hundred dollars ($600) in any abc27-sponsored promotion in the twelve (12) months prior to the date of any prize notification in this Contest.
Prize & ODDS
- Grand Prize (1): Ariens® Deluxe 28 Snow Blower (Model 921046). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV“): $1,319.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
- Manufacturer, make, model, color and options of prize are subject to change. There is no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, relative to prize, including but not limited to quality, mechanical condition or fitness, except as may be offered by manufacturer or otherwise required by law.
- All prize details shall be at abc27’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, and fees.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive prize is not transferrable. Prize not accepted by winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted. Prize may not be substituted except that abc27 in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Contest Parties. Prize carries no warranty other than that offered by manufacturer. Contest Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning November 8, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ending November 27, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET. You must have an existing Facebook account prior to the start of this Contest to be eligible.
- To enter, visit http://abc27.com/contests (the “Contest Page“) and click on the relevant contest icon or link to reach the entry app on Facebook. Next, follow the instructions to complete an official entry form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, and age or date of birth as well as your prediction of the first date and hour in 2017 when one (1) inch of continuous snow will be achieved at the abc27 studios in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (the “Eligible Snowfall”) as described below. This is the only method of entry. Entries will not be accepted via U.S. mail, e-mail, or any other method.
- To qualify as the Eligible Snowfall, the entire inch of snow must be from a single weather system, as determined by abc27 Meteorologists in their sole discretion. For example, ¾” of snow falls on January 9, 2017 and there is already ¼” of snow from a previous system, it would not qualify as the Eligible Snowfall.
- All entries must be received by abc27 no later than November 27, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by abc27 will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Limit one (1) entry per person or e-mail address per day. For entry limit purposes, a “day” begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Additional entries received from any such person or e-mail address thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, Facebook accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in abc27’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must be associated with a valid Facebook account with a valid e-mail address for the entrant. abc27 is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of passive or active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a Facebook account, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Facebook account used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address associated with the Facebook account used for entry by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by abc27. abc27 is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. abc27 reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of abc27 and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
- Within approximately five (5) days after the first Eligible Snowfall (as defined above) but in no event later than March 1, 2017, or within a reasonable time thereafter, abc27 will review the entries received to determine whether any entrant correctly guessed the date and hour of the first Eligible Snowfall. Subject to verification of eligibility, the following methods will be used to identify the winner:
- One or More Correct Entrants: The entrant who submitted the correct guess will be declared the winner. If multiple entrants submitted correct guesses, one (1) winner will be selected from those correct entrants in a live random drawing during abc27 News at Six.
- No Correct Entrants: If no entrant submitted a correct guess, the entrant with the closest guess (date and hour) will be declared the winner. If multiple entrants are tied for the closest guess, one (1) winner will be selected from those tied entrants in a live random drawing during abc27 News at Six.
- No Eligible Snowfall: In the event that there has not been an Eligible Snowfall by February 28, 2017, the winner’s name will be drawn at random from all timely entries in a live random drawing during abc27 News at Six on or about March 1, 2017.
- abc27 will contact potential winner using the information supplied by winner on his or her entry form. Winner must respond to abc27 within three (3) business days of initial notification and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents and to provide such documents to abc27 within ten (10) business days of initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. abc27 in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Winner must pick up prize at abc27’s offices at 3235 Hoffman Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, on a non-holiday week day during normal business hours (9:00 a.m. ET to 5:00 p.m. ET). If prize is shipped, winner shall assume all risk of loss, damage, theft, late or missed delivery. If applicable, abc27, in its sole discretion, may permit a verified winner to authorize, in writing, another adult to pick up his or her prize; provided that winner must agree to release and hold abc27 harmless from all liability for any prize claimed by his or her authorized designee and winner’s designee will be required present photo ID.
- In the event that potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, abc27 within the time period stated above, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, abc27 in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with previously described method as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
- abc27 may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner’s name on the Contest Page and/or any of abc27’s websites, including http://www.abc27.com, and on or in any of abc27’s social media pages or channels, and broadcast it on any of abc27’s stations.
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award abc27 the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on abc27’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Contest, you agree that abc27, Ariens, Media General, Facebook, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Contest, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by abc27 by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Contest, or in the selection or announcement of the winner or prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Contest or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winner, the prize or otherwise in any Contest-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Contest OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Contest OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Contest.
- By entering the Contest, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Contest or any Contest-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Contest; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Contest, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Contest, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Contest, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- abc27 reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Contest, or any part thereof, in the event that abc27 determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Contest has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond abc27’s control. In such an event, abc27 will post notice of same at the Contest Page and select the winner at random from all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Contest or in such other manner as abc27, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- abc27 reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Contest if abc27 concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Contest, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards abc27 or any other Contest Party, entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by abc27 to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Contest MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND abc27 RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Contest, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If abc27 determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, abc27 reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Contest and prize at any time. abc27 reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if abc27 determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on abc27. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with abc27 and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- abc27 reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Contest-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, abc27 reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or other participants or Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by Pennsylvania law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania.
- By entering the Contest, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Contest or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor or endorser of this Contest or of abc27. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winner’s Name/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winner’s Name, visit the Contest Page or http://www.abc27.com or mail a SASE to: The Great Sno-Thro Giveaway c/o abc27, 3235 Hoffman Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110, specifying either “Winner’s Name” or “Official Rules.” Winner’s Name will be available after March 31, 2017.