Over a month after the election, there is still confusion over who won the state senate seat in Westmoreland and Allegheny counties.
It certainly appears Democrat Jim Brewster defeated Republican Nicole Ziccarelli for a Senate seat.
The issue in question is mail-in ballots without dates. The directions said voters should sign and date their ballots. Allegheny counted undated ones. Westmoreland did not.
If un-dated ballots count, Brewster wins by 80. If they’re tossed, Ziccarelli wins by 20.
- Police investigate shots fired into Montgomery County Democratic Party office
- DHS: Biden administration will pause some US deportations for 100 days
- Reports: Eagles hire Colts’ OC Nick Sirianni as head coach
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- Pennsylvania passes 20K deaths from the coronavirus