HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM)– Dauphin County hazmat crews responded to a Susquehanna Township warehouse after an ammonia leak on Saturday, April 30.
The leak happened at Sysco Central Pennsylvania on Correy Road in the township. Susquehanna Fire Department and Dauphin County Hazmat crews were called to the facility around 9 p.m. Saturday.
Get daily news, weather, breaking news, and sports alerts straight to your inbox! Sign up for the abc27 newsletters here.
Susquehanna Township Director of Public Safety Robert Martin said they are not sure where or how the leak started.
Some employees were inside at the time. The building has alarms that go off when a leak is detected, but no one was hurt.
According to Martin, the county’s hazmat team trains at the facility where the leak occurred and has a close relationship with Sysco Personel, which helped speed up response times
Martin said there is no danger to the public. He said people who are nearby may smell the ammonia but it is not dangerous. He advised people to keep their windows closed.