LANCASTER, Pa. (WHTM) — Lancaster Police have identified the man who was shot and killed on Manor Street Tuesday night as 36-year-old Terrell Coley.
Police say they responded to the 500 block of Manor Street around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday night for a report of shot fired.
Coley was not breathing when officers arrived and was shot in the chest, police said. He was later pronounced dead at Lancaster General Hospital.
Police say a 24-year-old woman, who was not identified, was shot in leg, but is expected to survive.
Rusty Leighty who lives on Manor Street, close to the shooting scene, said he heard a loud bang at the time of the shooting.
Leighty told ABC 27 News that the shooting left him shaken.
“We have kids, three of them, and they come over and spend time with us and they were with us last night and we feel that it’s not safe for them to be here right now,” Leighty said.
Police said based on preliminary interviews they believe the shooting may have been targeted.
Police said the suspect, who they did not name, may have been familiar with at least one of the two victims.
Anyone with information is urged to call Lancaster City Police at 717-735-3300.
- MLB prospect Michael Morales fans 12, East Pennsboro stays undefeated
- Hershey Bears’ win streak ends at three in Lehigh Valley
- Harrisburg Senators drop second straight to Somerset to open season
- April Fool’s prank lands Susquehanna County sheriff’s deputy in ‘sticky’ situation
- Don’t Waste Your Money: Price Hikes Everywhere