PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (WHTM) — The Pennsylvania National Guard staffing several hundred members in Philadelphia per the city’s request on Tuesday.
While it takes 24-48 hours to mobilize guard members, the National Guard is set to support the Philadelphia Office of Emergency Management and protect the right to peacefully assemble and protest.
To ensure safety, members of the National Guard are well-trained and well-prepared to assist Pennsylvania and its communities, especially Philadelphia, where unrest broke out following the deadly shooting of a 27-year-old Black man Monday night.
- April Fool’s prank lands Susquehanna County sheriff’s deputy in ‘sticky’ situation
- Wellsville Museum hosts exhibit honoring long-time Game Commission employee
- Pa. Republicans want to ban vaccine passports, Democrats call it an unneeded distraction
- New Holland man arrested on four counts of child pornography
- Harrisburg Shelter becomes vaccination site for homeless