LANDISBURG, PERRY COUNTY, Pa. (WHTM) — According to fire officials, a fire in Landisburg, Perry County on Pine Hill road on the afternoon of Tuesday, Jan. 24, sent a man to a hospital burn unit.

Firefighters with the Landisburg Fire Company responded to a “multi-story structure fire” at around 2:30 p.m., which they believe a space heater in the kitchen was responsible for. Fire crews said the entire building was engulfed in flames and smoke when they arrived.

Three adults and two children are believed to live in the home, however, only a 64-year-old man was in the house when it caught fire. Two of the residents are employees of Landisburg EMS, according to a Facebook post from Landisburg EMS, Inc.

Get traffic alerts from the abc27 mobile app for the latest local delays and road closures

Fire officials say the man was seriously injured with burns and was in the middle of the road when first responders arrived.

The man, who is unidentified at this time, was flown to the Lehigh Valley Burn Unit. firefighters say.

The American Red Cross is assisting the rest of the family.

Firefighters struggled to get water to the home due to how narrow and rural Pine Hill Road is.