PENNSYLVANIA (WHTM) — PennDOT announced that both I-83 and I-78 would be under Tier 1 vehicle restriction plans for Thursday night. On Friday morning, most of the speed limit restrictions have been removed.
Restrictions have been removed from I-83 in Cumberland, Dauphin, and York counties. However, it does remain in place for I-78 in Lebanon County.
Get daily news, weather, and breaking news alerts straight to your inbox! Sign up for the abc27 newsletters here
Under Tier 1 restrictions, these vehicles are not permitted on affected roadways:
- Tractors without trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailer or tank trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers
- Enclosed cargo delivery trucks that meet the definitions of a CMV
- Passenger vehicles (cars, SUV’s, pickup trucks, etc) towing trailers
- Recreational vehicles/motorhomes
- School buses, commercials bueses and motorcoaches
Commercial vehicles must stay in the right lane while the restrictions are in place.
PennDOT will remove the travel restrictions when conditions improve. Drivers can check 511pa.com for the most up-to-date conditions and alerts.