PENNSYLVANIA (WHTM) — Speed limits were reduced on Pennsylvania highways Thursday morning as winter weather made its way into the area. Some of those travel restrictions were lifted around noon.
According to 511PA, winter weather restrictions reducing speeds to 45 mph on the following roads have been lifted:
- U.S. 15 between the Maryland state line and the exit for PA 581 East/to I-83 – Harrisburg/Hershey
- I-83 between the Maryland state line and the end of the highway
- PA 581
- I-283 from beginning to end
- U.S. 22 between the exit for U.S. 322 West – State College and the exit for PA 75 – Port Royal
511PA has not yet announced the lifting of travel restrictions on the following roads:
- I-81 between the Maryland state line and Exit 151A: I-80 East – Stroudsburg
- U.S. 22 between the exit for PA 75 – Port Royal and the exits for I-81
Additionally, commercial vehicles should drive in the right lane only on those roadways, 511PA noted.
You can find school delays and closings, as well as any businesses impacted by the winter weather, on the abc27 Closings page.