HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) — Two people drowned Friday after authorities say they appeared to have been caught in rip currents while swimming at separate Grand Strand beaches.
Franklin Morris, 52, of Jacksonville, FL was pronounced dead at the Grand Strand Medical Center Emergency Room around 1:50 p.m. on Friday, Deputy Coroner Darris Fowler said in a news release.
Morris was swimming near 16th Ave North in Myrtle Beach, according to authorities. The Myrtle Beach Police Department is investigating this incident.
Allan Eschner, 71, of Surfside Beach was pronounced dead at the Waccamaw Medical Center ER around 2:08 p.m. on Friday, Fowler said. Eschner was swimming near the Holly Beach Access in the Garden City area, according to authorities.
The Horry County Police Department is investigating this incident.
Count on News13 for updates.
- California inmates tied to ‘staggering’ jobless aid scam worth over $140 million
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Latino groups set high expectations for Biden’s DHS nominee
- SC congressman hoping Biden administration can bring Americans together
- Pa. state budget put to bed but questions remain about $1 billion in federal dollars