HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Members of the Pennsylvania National Guard were sent to Washington, D.C. following the violence and protestor riots that occurred last week.
The Guard members will stay there through Jan. 20 when Joe Biden is sworn-in during the 46th annual Presidential inauguration.
Guard members will assist the D.C. National Guard, as well as local civilian authorities, and work to keep the Capitol secure.
- First US J&J vaccine doses shipping Sunday night
- Black history to be prominently featured in new Gettysburg exhibit gallery
- Black History Month celebrated in Lower Paxton Township with a unique workout
- Coyote hunts in Pennsylvania debated as prime coyote-hunt season comes to an end
- Update: I-81 South between Newville and King St. reopened, crash under investigation